Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mashed Boiled Eggs

The idea for these came to me by a 11/16/2009 comment by Danish (I think) commenter Budzinksi left on Dr. Harris' PaNu site . The basic idea: boil eggs. Mash'em with butter and salt, he said. Mmm! This was a winner with my husband and preschooler. Here's how I tackled it:

Mashed Hard-Boiled Eggs
*aka*
"Alas, Poor Yolk! I knew him well."

Serves 1

Ingredients

Four eggs
2 tablespoons butter, or to taste (I used salted Kerrygold)
Pepper (I used freshly ground)

Directions
Boil eggs in a rolling boil for 15 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge immediately into bowl of ice water (this turns your yolks the pretty yellow instead of sulfuric grey). Shell the eggs while they are still warm, place in a bowl, mash with butter, garnish with pepper, and serve. This goes well alongside the parsnip hashbrowns.





===
Copyright © 2010 Primal Kitchen
Do not copy this blog's content without my express written permission. See "Contact" tab at Primal Kitchen's home page for contact information.

4 comments:

  1. This is flipping delicious. I just ate one and now Im making more! Thank you for such a simple yet deliciou idea. I may use my egg slicer to prep it fresh out of the steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey only happens when the eggs are overboiled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This.

      A way to avoid this is to hard"boil" eggs using the oven. Done best in a silicon muffin tin or silicon baking cups. Just because otherwise where the egg touches the tin there will be a brown spot on the egg.

      Delete
  3. How long can they keep in the fridge without spoiling? One day?

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...