Though Catherine McCord isn't paleo / primal, she is all about real-ingredient clean eating. My Grok-Friendly Recipe Hunt this week turned up McCord's blog weelicious.com. She notes in her "About" page:
"When I had my kids, Kenya and Chloe, I realized that I wanted them to be exposed to seasonal, organic food that’s as pure as possible. I want them to know that food shouldn’t have to be pumped with sugar, salt and preservatives to be delicious."
What can I say? I like her style. :) Here are some paleo / primal friendly recipes that I turned up in just a short time while browsing her site. I will definitely be trying some of these out in the near future. Try her gluten free tags page for some ideas, too.
- Spinach Ricotta Bites (ooo definitely an idea for my preschooler's lunchboxes)
- Carrot Chips (ditto on the lunchboxes!)
- Mango pops (I'd probably use unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk instead of rice milk)
- Homemade Strawberr-Wee Fruit Leather
- Avocado (with lime juice and salt)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese Spread (I'd totally eat with celery or carrots)
- Kale Chips