Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stay Tuned for Primal Cheesecake and Homemade York Peppermint Patties

Since my mom's birthday is happening this week, we're going to celebrate over dinner on Thursday. I asked her if I could create a cheesecake in honor of the occasion. She was skeptical: "Sure, but - how good could you make it without sugar?" I told her that I was prepared to compromise a few bites of something made with lower-glycemic palm sugar or perhaps maple syrup. But lookee what I found:

Son of Grok's Strawberry Cheesecake

Sweet almond crusts, I think it's time that I tried this cheesecake recipe - with no sugar, to boot! I will be looking for some ripe-looking berries at Giant tomorrow, and may even make it tomorrow or Wednesday to give it time to "set" in the fridge. Since it's our vacation, I may also try out Joyful Abode's Homemade York Peppermint Patties recipe for a special treat. Looks scrumptious!

Details and pics of these dessert adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...