Sunday, August 8, 2010

Microwave Nutmeg Ginger Banana Pudding



Quick primal meals are harder to come by. But I serendipitously discovered this one this weekend! Yay for a microwavable breakfast. Ideally this would be paired with a couple of eggs or a smoothie featuring protein to slow the impact of the banana on the blood sugar.

Microwave Nutmeg Ginger Banana Pudding
Serves 1

Ingredients

1 banana, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
1 shake ground ginger (or more to taste)
1 shake ground nutmeg (or more to taste)
1/4 c. heavy cream
Handful walnuts, to top (if desired)

Directions
Add all ingredients except cream and walnuts to a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Remove bowl from microwave, add cream, and stir vigorously to combine (this will further break down the bananas, too). Within a minute, it will take on a pudding-y consistency. Serve warm, and if desired, topped with walnuts.

I can tell that I will be making this a lot this winter!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds great. I'll omit the cream and eat it with some bacon to decrease the sugar load as you suggest.

    Nothing like a hot breakfast!

    Cara
    primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com
    thoughts on ancient eating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe two days ago. Just so you know, I don't like bananas. At all. But I loved this. Delicious *and* easy - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are amazing! you invent these??? I love it!! I wish it wasn't so hot right now. .... need cool weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This flavor kind of reminded me of Banana Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps add a couple of egg yolks with the cream and give another zap to add the protein

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...