Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chili in a Flash (About 10 Minutes)

Sometimes you can take your sweet time lovingly crafting a meal for your family...and then there are nights like this past Thursday night - happens at our house a lot. The seasonings and veggies here produced an exceedingly mild chili, which happens to be exactly how my husband and 4-year old like it. If you like heat, I suggest adding some seeded and chopped green chile peppers and a generous amount of chili pepper.

Chili in a Flash
Serves 4 generously

Ingredients:
2 lb. grass fed ground beef (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
1 lb. small diced variety of veggies (I used Trader Joe's Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix)
12 oz. (half a large jar) tomato sauce of choice (I used my beloved Victoria)
1/2 tbsp. cumin
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 heaping teaspoon salt
(Note: adjust seasonings as desired)

As desired, to top:
Sour cream (whole fat, of course!)
Shredded cheese
Guacamole

Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine ground beef and veggies on medium-high heat. (Do not drain the fat as it cooks.) Stir in seasonings, and lastly the sauce. Allow to simmer until veggies are barely tender and the beef is just barely cooked, about 10 minutes. Serve hot and garnish as desired.


1 comment:

  1. Just found your site, AO! Working on your Bacon Zucchini quiche, and found this I have to try! We have small ones too! Thanks for all your HARD WORK - your recipes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...